May 04, 2006

Yay!

Its been a while since Forbes came out with their list of the world’s Billionaires. Rediff dug into it and came out with this informative piece on The world's richest bachelors. All the above information courtesy Sudhanshu.

I’m sure no one really cares, but nonetheless here are my top 3 favourites.

Calvin Ayre

For one who can resist the charms of a playboy. I’m only human! Other than that I find his business startegy brilliant.

"The problem: Taking bets from Americans is illegal, according to the U.S. department of Justice. The solution: wire money to London, process bets in Costa Rica, develop marketing and technology in Canada, advertise in the U.S. "We run a business that cannot actually be described as gambling in each country we operate in. But when you add it all together, it's Internet gambling.""


Larry Page

I have a crush of sorts on Google. Afterall I spend more time with it than anyone else and cannot comprehend life without it. This here made an impression too ..

"Since taking company public August 2004, the partners' meteoric rise in wealth outpaces the rate set by Bill Gates and Paul Allen. "

Jeffrey Skoll

He was the president of Ebay but now only its second-largest shareholder. What is impressive is he is now producing movies .. two of George Clooney’s. We so have the same choices in life.
"Pumped gas in Toronto before getting an M.B.A. from Stanford in 1995."

I could go on .. I find myself admiring every Billionaire I come across. But I guess that would be all for now.