April 18, 2006

Flying Experiences

I just read this. Actually I read a lot of his posts today and yesterday and the day before yesterday, but when I came to this one, I didn't have the urge to go on, rather I had the urge to start ranting about one of my experiences with flying. Being a passionate, impulsive fellow, I decided I loved his blog, and that I would come back sometime for the rest of the posts.

      ***

The first time I flew outside the country, I had for company a senile old couple, who started liking me for no reason at all. It sounds strange now when I say it but at that time, I must admit I really started liking them too, but only for a little while. The lady kept talking to me sweetly for all of the eleven hours and fourty-five minutes of the journey, wanted to know how much I was earning and what my parents did for a living. By the time we reached the destination, she had asked me for my address and wanted me to meet her nephew's daughter.

Unluckily I was at the window, so I couldn't jump, nor run to a co-passenger or sue her for mental harrassment. It took guts of steel to tell her to bugger off. Though of course I did it nicely.

I felt tired and used by the time I reached the airport. Now I'm no good looking fellow that people might want to marry their daughters off to me, but to these old women, it doesn't matter. They take pride in fixing up young people together and then blessing each couple with a hundred kids with no regard for our out-growing population.

      ***

Anyways that was a long rant. But before I end, I have a riddle for you. ( More a PJ I guess )
Who was the first Indian woman to fly abroad?
.
.
.
Sita, who flew to Lanka with Ravan...Gotcha