May 23, 2007

Dubai and Abudhabi

I just came to know yesterday that one of my friends has got admitted to the prestigious SP Jain Institute of Management, in Dubai. It took him three years in Infosys, and a score of 680 in the GMAT to be able to make it there. Though it wasn't exactly the place that he'd been dying to go to.

His tryst with MBA started way back in college, when he appeared for CAT. Then again and then again, but it isn't really to crack it. Anyways, last year he went onsite to the US and was going to stay there for the next three years. But he decided to quit that offer and complete his MBA first. So he's back here in Pune, for the last few days before he leaves for Dubai. (This is where he is getting his flight to Dubai from).

But what I'm interested in, is not his studies, but what I'll do when I go there. Dubai Holidays are going to be cool. You can go there anytime, with the A1 Grand Prix, Dubai Festival City, Dubai Financial Market, Dubai Healthcare City, Dubai Holding, Dubai police, Dubai Sevens, Dubai Tennis Championships, Dubai World Cup, Falcon City of Wonders, List of schools in the United Arab Emirates, 2009 Rugby World Cup Sevens, to be held in Dubai, there is way too much to see. Ofcourse there is even AbuDhabi. Flights to Abu dhabi can be found here, where all the cute kittens keep going. I'm sure I'll see a lot of them there.